Wednesday, May 19, 2010

secret's out: i'm a nice mom

Last week, Bryan was on duty for Simon's bedtime. I stopped in, however, to say goodnight. I picked him up for a snuggle, which is increasingly more difficult with the transformation from toddler body to little boy body. I said, "Simon, can I tell you a secret?" He turned his head to lend me his ear. I whispered, "You're the handsomest little boy I ever saw." He turned his head back and said, "That was nice, Mom."

Since when is he so grown up?

This morning, I woke up feeling sick. Sore throat, double ear ache and body aches to kill. After Bryan had left for work, Ella came in to announce that Simon had called me a "bad mom." I made my way to the bathroom thinking, "Ugh. What a way to start the day...feeling horrible and then being tagged a 'bad mom' for sleeping in and expecting my older two to entertain themselves for a while." I felt pretty sorry for myself. I called Simon into the bathroom and asked, "Simon, did you say I was a bad mom?" He grinned a big grin and said, "No Mommy. You're not a bad mom. You're NICE!" Then he went on to explain that he and Ella were playing Justice League and each family member was one of the characters. They assigned me one of the evil characters. I didn't feel so bad after that...though I still feel like I got hit by a MAC truck.

No comments:

Free Hit Counter