Wednesday, October 6, 2010

simon's sense of humor

Simon has changed so much over the last several months and since he and I have had a lot more time together lately, I've really gotten to see more of his uniqueness. He's a real sweetie pie and loves to love on me and cuddle at bedtime. These are the most rich moments when I can just lie back and listen to him gab about whatever he's thinking about and I find myself giggling and encouraging him to continue. Last night we were lying there and he pointed to the one inch, circular dent in the plaster wall next to his bed. He raised his eyebrows and said, "Remember this Mommy?" He knew he was pushing my buttons since I felt so guilty about how that dent got there. (Find out how right here.) I stuck my bottom lip out to signify my sadness about the dent and he smiled brightly trying to cheer me. He said, "Don't worry Mommy! I tould hit my head on the wall and make another cirtcle and we tould have two eyes and a nose and make a smiley face out of it!" Oh my. I had a good laugh at his optimistic solution to my grief!

Another entertaining moment was after his nap today. Bryan and I decided we'd like to walk to Ella's school to pick her up rather than driving since the weather was beautiful and we needed to get a little exercise. As Bryan got Simon ready, this was the conversation that ensued:
B: Hey Simo, we're going to walk to Ella's school today to pick her up.
S: Why? Don't we have a tar anymore?
B: Yes, our car is fine. But we want to take a walk just to get some exercise.
S: (Each word dramatically enunciated) What-in-the-WORLD?
So I guess that means Simon isn't used to us actually wanting to exercise.

In other news, Simon is finally really enjoying preschool. We just went on his first field trip to a little pumpkin farm where we had a hay ride, played on the playground, had snacks with his friends, and got to take home a couple of little pumpkins which he hand picked. He had such a great time and especially loved the different slides on the playground and running through a few short, dark tunnels with his light up Toy Story tennis shoes.

Here he is humoring me with a pumpkin pose
The playground had some super fun stuff to climb on!
~Peekaboo!~
I just had to throw this one is because, man, does he look like such a big boy!
Simon, I just enjoy you. Flat out like you. And I love you more than I have words for. You make your Mamma happy!

No comments:

Free Hit Counter