Thursday, January 13, 2011

mlk

You might remember how I mentioned we have a new chalkboard wall in our kitchen. I use it to plan our menu and the week's activities. At the start of the month, Ella pleaded to write some things for me about the month of January. Here is the drawing she came up with...see if you can decipher its interpretation:


Need a hint? I know it looks a bit like a Thanksgiving turkey to the untrained eye. But it's actually a portrait of Martin Luther King, Jr. (you know...because Martin Luther King Jr. Day is in January.) You see how she spelled his name right above our menu? And those are conversation bubbles coming out of his mouth. They say things like, "love," "Be nice," "I have a dream" and I believe I remember her quoting, "Don't hit people."

Below the menu is Ella's own "dream" for the world:


It reads:
I want it to
be kindess, [kindness]
Love, peace,
perfect, hugs,
family, home
sweet home
and Brothers
and Sister.

That's her dream for you.

No comments:

Free Hit Counter