Thursday, June 20, 2013

josie's big personality

I won't pretend that I haven't posted in almost exactly a year. It's sad and somewhat shameful. But it really has been such a busy time in life that I have purposely avoided sitting in front of my computer unless I absolutely have to. I'm sad to not have recorded all the wonderful (and not so wonderful) things over the last year, but realize that I am a limited human being who just can't accomplish everything I wish I could.

Instead of throwing in the towel in complete defeat, I decided tonight just to do what I can. So I am keeping my expectations low!

Josie is approaching three and a half and she is so entertaining. Out of our three kids she is the most outgoing and knows no stranger. She says hello to people in public and acts silly no matter who is watching. I marvel at her really. I don't recall ever being so relaxed in my own skin!

She is always ready to go somewhere and any time one of us gets shoes on to leave, she asks, "Is ME going?" If she's not included there is sure to be tears. She always wants to be out and about!

Josie loves her friends and she is so blessed to have many good girlfriends in our circle. Being our youngest, she is well supplied with friendships from the families that are slightly younger than us (or not so slightly these days) who started having kids right as we were wrapping up. 

Simon had a friend over yesterday and after he left, she asked me, "Where are my kids?" I was confused. "Josie, you don't have kids. What do you mean?" "Where are my little friends?" was her sweet reply. She loves her little buddies and they play so well together. I am so thankful for that bright spot in her life.

Here is a goofy little video of Josie imitating a character from the movie, "The Lorax" which I blogged about once before here. She is reenacting the scene where a duck on the shelf lays an egg. It's somewhat lowbrow humor, but I love it. Enjoy!



No comments:

Free Hit Counter