Friday, September 3, 2010

discovering simon

Now that it's just Simon, Josie and me most days while Ella plugs away at school, I'm getting to know more about my little man outside the "Ella and Simon" dynamic. It startled me that I've been at a loss sometimes how to engage him, entertain him and all around make life fun. What I have found that whenever he acts bored, riding the tricycle is always appealing.
Simon, 2 years old | Ella, 4 years old

We got him this tricycle off craigslist when he was two. At that point, he loved it, but it was really hard for him to ride. His legs just reached the pedals but weren't long enough to get any momentum going. Now, he tools around on this thing like a pro. Up and down the sidewalk and back again he goes. Then he takes a rest and expresses what hard work he's doing, sweating a great deal, and then takes off again. Sometimes he rings the little bell too. Who doesn't love a little bell on a bike?

Ahhh...a boy and his trike.
Other easy entertainment includes watering the flowers, sometimes getting drenched in the process and petting/annoying the neighborhood kitty cat who seems to have adopted us. I'm excited though, to really figure out what makes this little guy tick, what interests him and what he's really gifted at. He's smart, I know, and I'll be starting some workbooks with him like I did with Ella, just to spend some productive time together. It's a joy to have this time to focus on my boy for awhile. He's one of a kind.

No comments:

Free Hit Counter