Friday, April 18, 2008

girls' night in

Tonight was a special treat for Ella and me. I feel all warm and fuzzy and loved by my little girl. After Simon went to bed (he still has a pretty early bedtime for his own sanity) we stayed up for a "girls night." We popped popcorn with lots of butter, plopped ourselves down on the couch in our pjs, snuggled up with blankets and pillows and watched "Mary Poppins". We were having a good ol' cozy time each with our own big bowl of popcorn in our laps when Ella snuggled up extra close and said, "Mommy, I'm so glad you're here." UGGHHHhh! My heart just about exploded! I don't know if life gets much better than that moment right then.

And so as not to leave out my charming little Simon, I must make note of the phase he's in right now (not sure it's one he will grow out of, but I digress...) Simon sometimes feels very confined in his clothing even though they fit him quite perfectly. He'll tug and make a grunt and pull until I finally peel off his shirt and then he grins the widest grin of satisfaction and stomps around here with his arms outstretched like he finally knows freedom. And then sometimes, he beats his chest. Yes, beats his chest proudly like a man, not a toddling boy. He is alllllll boy, that is for sure. Oh, and by the way, HE POOPED IN THE BATHTUB TONIGHT! What a boy!!

1 comment:

jodihertz said...

I'm going to start calling him "little kong" :)

Free Hit Counter