Friday, April 25, 2008

a new game

Ella is going through this thing right now where she's constantly wanting to play a "game". Yesterday Simon was napping and Ella and I were playing in her room when she asked, "Mommy! Let's play a game!!" "What game would you like to play, Ella?" to which she replied, "Let's play Jesus!" Hmmm...not sure how I feel about this one but I inquired, "How do you play that game?" She said, lying on the floor, "I'll be in the water and I'll call you and you grab my hand and get me out of the water!" So, there she is, pretending to struggle in the water (which is just her wriggling on the floor) all the while calling out, "Jesus, help!" So I grab her hand and she tells me to put her in the boat (which is her bed). As we sit there on the bed, she looks at me with loving and gratitude in her eyes and says, "Thank you, Jesus, for saving me." That was pretty incredible! I hope she'll say that someday and it won't just be pretend.

No comments:

Free Hit Counter