Sunday, April 6, 2008

talkin' crazy

Inspired by Jodi's blog accounting all the wonderful intricacies of Elliott's childhood, http://jodi-e.blogspot.com, I attempt my own journal of child-rearing minutia. Sometimes I'm afraid I will forget all these wonderful little things Simon and Ella do each day. So, though it may pale in comparison to Jodi's detailed and beautiful descriptions, at least there will be a collection of recollections on file in cyberspace to chronicle some of the wonderful things you kids say and do that light up my life so wonderfully!!

This last week we've had a wonderful couple from the Ukraine visiting us (Illya and Alyona). We didn't know much about them before they came late last Monday night but we soon found out that Illya spoke fluent English, while Alyona was very reserved in trying out her English on us. Very often she would speak to him in Russian and he would translate for us. At one point, Ella was in the hallway with them, looking up as they carried on a conversation in fast paced Russian, her head following along back and forth like she was watching a tennis match. When the conversation ended, she asked, "Why are you talkin' crazy?"

Oh the hilarity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I've had a ball reading up on your posts...you didn't tell me, sneaky! LOVE IT! Can't wait to read more. I tell ya...they are so silly and what a wonderful way to capture it all. I love you and your family dearly!

Free Hit Counter